I can't locate my spouse for service. Can you help me?

British Columbia Divorce > Sole Divorce in British Columbia
If you are unable to locate your spouse, or attempts to personally serve your spouse were unsuccessful, you may apply to the court for a substitutional service order. An order for substitutional service will allow you to notify your spouse of your divorce application by some other means, such as service of a member of his family or posting an ad in a newspaper, for example.

Our Substitutional Service Questionnaire will take you step-by-step through the process of applying and preparing the court documents required to apply for an order of substitutional service. Most provinces will allow you to make this application without a court appearance in the same way that you will be filing your divorce application. These documents are normally only available from a lawyer, but we supply them to you at a fraction of the cost.